iJams search isn't working

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
coulston

iJams search isn't working

Post by coulston »

Hi, I'm new to kJams and iJams and I really like what I've seen so far. My problem is that searching for songs in iJams produces no results. I'll describe my setup and what I've tried so far, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to correct the problem.

I'm using kJams Pro, and I've enabled the kJams Webserver from preferences. When I access the server from Firefox on my computer it works fine; I am able to search, add songs, etc. On the iPhone, I have installed iJams Lite, and I am able to find the kJams server on my network and log in as a user. After logging in, the search screen comes up automatically, and when I type the same search term that works on the web interface, there are no results. I also tried creating a new singer directly from iJams, and that worked fine, but searching still produces no results.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

dave
Site Admin

Re: iJams search isn't working

Post by dave »

i'm looking into this, i think i can confirm this bug.

coulston

Post by coulston »

Small update: I added in most of my karaoke library (~7500 songs), and now when I search via iJams, only hits from the letter "A" are returned. If I search further on in the alphabet, I get no search results. Again, searching from the web interface works as expected and returns search hits from the entire library. Is there an iJams specific database that is separate from the database served to the web interface?

I'm planning on hosting a karaoke party in a few weeks, so I'll be playing around with iJams a bit more to see what works and what doesn't. Hopefully I can use it for the party so I won't have to resort to the web interface on my iPhone.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the web server serves the same content to iJams and web browsers. so there is definitely a bug somewhere.

Erocku

Post by Erocku »

I am having the same problem, and I found out what it is.
If there is no album listed in the meta data for the song, it will not show up in iJams.
Temporary solution: Add album names.
Permenant solution: Thats up to kJams.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the real permanent solution is to fix the bug in iJams. I'm seeing now if the developer can fix this, i haven't heard from him in a while.

bertblank

Post by bertblank »

I'm having this problem as well. I'm on R39 of kjams pro but I get "Error, the search results were too large. Try narrowing your search." Anyone have any ideas? I haven't been able to get any listing of songs yet. I always get the same message.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

type something more specific. if you type "beatles" you'll get EVERY beatles song, probably more than 200 which is the limit. try "beatles love" to narrow it down to only beatles songs with the word "love" in the title.

or: increase the limit:
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Secret_Prefs
you want "Maximum number of items in web search results list"

let me know if that worked.