iJams Search...

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
Scott Parr

iJams Search...

Post by Scott Parr »

Is there any way to see the entire song catalog using the iJams app on my iPhone? From what I've seen when using iJams, I have to enter search words to see something.

If nothing comes to mind for a singer, they wouldn't know what to put in the search field in the first place.

Basically to use iJams just as a song book.

Thanks!!!

- Scott

dave
Site Admin

Re: iJams Search...

Post by dave »

some KJ's have 100,000 songs in their library. many iPhones / iPod Touch's don't have enough memory to hold the meta data for that many songs. browsing a list of 100,000 songs doesn't make a lot of sense on that tiny screen. also, to send the list of songs to the device over the wireless network, if it's an extremely large list, would take too much time and the singer might get bored waiting. you may suggest they enter an artist name that they like, if they can't think of a song, like "beatles" or "u2" or "fleetwood mac" or whatever.

having said that, this is a popular feature request, so i'm looking into how we can do that anyway.

Scott Parr

Post by Scott Parr »

Great answer that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your time in answering all of our questions.

This is an amazing product that I am excited to have.

Thank You!
- Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:)

fishmongr

Post by fishmongr »

Having iJams show all songs is pretty critical for me too for the same reasons. I find a big part of the fun of karaoke is scanning the list to see what is available.
In my experience most people don't know what they want to sing until they see good song ideas in the book.

I've updated the "Maximum number of items in web search results list" in the plist preference to 50,000 with a 15,000 library and find myself doing a search for "a"
to be able to scan the library. The results for "a" seams to be a major portion of the library and come in relatively quickly so I think it should be feasible to allow the entire library
to be loaded for libraries around my size. Regarding managing that list, the built-in iPod songs interface does it beautifully with an alphabet overlaid across the right
side of the list that you can quickly flick your thumb over to quickly move through letters. The included search/filtering and artists tab found on that interface would be icing on the cake.

I just purchased the Pro kJams license tonight and if there is one thing that would complete the package for me it would be this one :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'll see what i can do about that, thanks. no timeline, however.