karaokeanywhere

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
leo-magic

karaokeanywhere

Post by leo-magic »

Hi!

I found an interesting App for the iPhone for reading CDG on your iPhone: KaraokeAnywhere
http://www.karaokeanywhere.net/

cu,
Leo

dave
Site Admin

Re: karaokeanywhere

Post by dave »

well THAT kicks ass. pretty sweet!

aantix

Post by aantix »

Awesome software...

Makes me wonder if Dave couldn't roll some sort of preview into his current iPhone app? I'm sure you have nothing left on your feature todo list. ;-)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

What i think i'd really like to do is make KaraokeAnywhere "just work" with kJams.

Reply to my post and say YES YOU WANT!

aantix

Post by aantix »

Not sure I see your vision here Dave with Karaokeanywhere. I was envisioning the user could use iJams to select the track and see a preview of the lyrics playing all in the same window.

Maybe slightly easier.. With iJams you could display the song artist/title along with the first couple of verses of the lyrics. I think there's a couple of open lyric servers out there that allow for api call requests.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no
iJams is for selecting songs you want to play on a computer far away. i am not envisioning that iJams will do anything other than remote control of a computer.

KA is for PLAYING songs on your iPod, it's a karaoke Player.

they are *entirely* different things.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Is there potential to access your kJams library/playlists from Kaoraoke Anywhere? That would be sweet. :D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

KA does not appear to have playlists, it seems it has one big list and you pick which song you want to play.
you'll have to ask them about new features.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Okay, how about the library?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well the general idea would be that you have a designated playlist as your "sync" list. cuz some people have 100k songs in their main library, you wouldn't want to sync that every time.

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

And? No news from karaokeanywhere?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

they seem to have dropped the ball.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Actually Dave, I think the revenue stream, especially since you already have done the foundational research, is just to incorporate it into iJams, or make a separate app, but link it to your already existing stores. Your kJams Pro users can help get the word out at shows (you could make a showScreen for them) and you could then channel more sales through the store, not just to kJams users, but their attendees as well. Or you could link it is into iJams, and let people who use iPhones at shows download their songs to practice, again via the stores. Offer a buy-this-track button on the iJams interface or some such.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'm already working on it. i'd have been happy to work with them, but they were like all "yeah yeah let's do it" then i never heard from them. too bad for them i guess.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

What would be even nicer is a revenue sharing model. A few cents to you, a few to the person on whose network the iJams client is surfing. ;)