DVD karaoke files

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
jeffp

DVD karaoke files

Post by jeffp »

hello

i am seeing massive collections of CDG karaoke files on a single DVD at ebay. although i am skeptical of the legality of files sold in this format (and I will investigate further before purchasing :?: i am wondering if anyone out there has tried to use kJams to run one of these discs, and if all the kJams functions (ie. exporting to Quicktime) still work

I will email a potential seller to ask as well, but i feel its better to trust someone who has actually put one of these DVDs inside a mac...

thanks!
jeff

dave
Site Admin

DVD karaoke

Post by dave »

i'm not sure which ones you're talking about, but i just typed "DVD karaoke" into eBay and all the hits i found were regular DVD's that happen to have karaoke style movies on them, they do NOT contain CDGs.

So you'd use HandBrake or whatnot to rip them into QuickTime and kJams would handle them just like any other QuickTime movie.

Be careful tho, the quality may suck. I saw some that were MIDI, which is fine for home use but not something you'd use to run a professional show.