will kjams work for me

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
bubbie

will kjams work for me

Post by bubbie »

I am not very good with computers, but here is my question: I have an iBook G4. I use an external hard drive for storage, because of the small internal hard drive. I would like to install some karaoke software on my external drive that will work with my mac. With kJams, can I rip my own karaoke discs? I have about 5000 songs. Is kJams difficult to use? What problems will I likely run into? Thanks for any advice you can give.

dave
Site Admin

Re: will kjams work for me

Post by dave »

kJams is pretty easy to use, it's designed to be like iTunes. You can set kJams to rip your discs to the external hard drive. You will need a compatible drive because likely your iBook has a Matshita drive which can not read CD+G discs. If you have NEO+G or SuperCDG then your drive will work just fine (presuming it can read DVDs).

ping me on iChat and i'll walk you thru it.
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/IChat

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

If you have a mac, you have "THE BEST" karaoke software availalable on a computer, period. Consider yourself lucky. But dont trust me , try the trial version first. Kjams is the bomb!!. Not only do you have the best software but you have the best support for ANY issues you may have. Can you think of a feature you thats not already available? Let Dave know about it, and he will make it happen!!

Jon Leggitt

Post by Jon Leggitt »

... Or at least he'll explain to you why he can't or won't implement said change or new feature.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

or i'll say "yes that's been the plan since the beginning, i just haven't got to it yet" :D