Testing

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
sertian

Testing

Post by sertian »

Hello. I am using the unregistered version of kJams Pro with the burning plugin on an emac. 1 Ghz PPC 512 MB SDRAM. The burner is an aftermarket PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D.

I successfully ripped two songs and was able to play with video on my computer. But when I burned it, no video showed in my karaoke. Is there something I didn't do properly? When I ripped, I simply dragged the songs from the CD list to the playlist. I created a new playlist of two songs and clicked burn. The burn reports a successful completion.

I am eager to purchase this app, so any help to get this to burn successfully would be appreciated.

dave
Site Admin

burning

Post by dave »

From the burning page:

http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Burning
WARNING: Pioneer DVR drives do NOT seem to produce viable CD+G discs. They will play in computers but not on real hardware
So it's a drive compatibility problem, sadly you need a new drive. Good news is they're pretty cheap (< $100)

also: i'm not sure it works to drag from a disc directly to a playlist. try drag it to the library, then from library to a playlist.

-dave

sertian

Thanks

Post by sertian »

Thanks for the quick reply. How about the stock burner that came with the emac. A Philips CDD 5301. I don't see it in the compatible bruner list but will that one work?

dave
Site Admin

burning

Post by dave »

just did a quick google on "Philips CDD 5301" and did not find a spec sheet on it. even looked at philips.com, didn't see it, all i found was this.

so i don't know, you'll just have to try it. I try to keep the compatibility list up to date, so if you find it works, let me know.

-dave

sertian

Thanks anyway.

Post by sertian »

No Dice. When I got home, the burn failed. I guess I must wait until I buy my laptop. Thanks.

dave
Site Admin

burning

Post by dave »

keep in mind, there's no notebook / powerbook / ibook / macbook that i know of that has a CDG capable drive. So don't bother waiting, go get a new drive now :) You'll be glad you did :) Check the FAQ for my recommendation.

-dave