KJ with band

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Paul

KJ with band

Post by Paul »

HI guys,

I hope this is not too off topic, but I need help from my karaoke family.

I am doing a gig this weekend, and part of it will feature a live band. They have requested to plumb into my system.
I can do the mics, and I know the guitar has it's own amp, but I have to find a connection for 2 keyboards.

Does anyone one what connections keyboard (generally) would use, I am going to guess at a standard 1/4 jack photo lead, but I am hoping it will be your sterio RCA/ red & white leads as that's what my mixer takes.
If anyone has any idea, so I can prep with adapters etc I would be grateful.

Thanks for allowing me this slight diversion from topic
Paul

jfbiii

Re: KJ with band

Post by jfbiii »

Best to ask keyboard player directly to make sure you have what he needs just in case it's something unexpected. Although, I would expect the keyboard player to normally have cables for connecting to an amp or mixer with him. But...my first law of karaoke is that I can never have too many cables/connectors. At a minimum it should have a 1/4" stereo out, possibly 2 x 1/4" mono outs. It really depends on the specific keyboard I think. I would think that if you had a 1/4" stereo to RCA adaptor and 2 x 1/4" to rca adaptors that it would be sufficient.
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

dave
Site Admin

Re: KJ with band

Post by dave »

8)