Wishlist

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
jfbiii

Wishlist

Post by jfbiii »

So the printed Tricerasoft list got me thinking...if I could make a unique playlist, then I could surely make a wishlist playlist. That way, when I was purusing the catalog looking for songs, if I found one that I liked but didn't want to buy yet, I could set it aside. Tried it, it works, survives a refresh of the tricerasoft file (thanks for automating that, Dave!). YAY!

I was thinking that the only thing missing doing that is that the 'buy song' button doesn't go with it. Not sure if it should or not; just being able to keep track of those songs is valuable enough. Just thinking out loud.

Along the same lines, people ask for stuff that isn't available and sometimes it gets written down on little slips that eventually get lost or forgotten about...I don't suppose there is a plan for being to track something like request for songs we don't have in kjams, too? Not sure if that's a good enough idea to make a feature request out of it or not. I'm kinda just brainstorming a little bit and figured I'd write it down someplace.
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Wishlist

Post by dave »

survives a refresh of the tricerasoft file
that is very lucky of you then. if it just so happens that all the new songs fall directly onto their original song ID's then it'll work. but that is extremely unlikely. in fact it won't work if you add or delete just ONE song in your Library. Also it won't work if Tricera adds a song to the beginning of it's list. Trust me, it is just not worth the trouble. I save only song IDs which will CHANGE each time the tricera store is loaded.
the 'buy song' button doesn't go with it
it's there, it's just hidden. context click the sort column header and pick "Price"
is [there] a plan for being to track request for songs we don't have in kjams
in fact there is. you will be able to eg: enter a song that doesn't exist (with track number) if you want. if you end up playing it (like it gets into a singer's rotation) then the rotation will pause and ask the KJ to stick in the disc. been the plan since the beginning, just haven't got to it. you could use this same feature to just keep a playlist of "wished for" songs

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Ahhh...I see...the wishlist does break when tricerasoft updates what they push out. Guess it worked because I updated, did the wishlist thing, then updated again and checked it right away. Oh well. At least I know WHY it won't work.

Using the placeholder functionality (that I knew about from reading it somewhere on the site) for the wishlist seems like a good idea.
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)