Forum for ongoing public gigs

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Sedge

Forum for ongoing public gigs

Post by Sedge »

Dave, any chance you could set something up on the site, or even just set up a forum or something, so that those of us with regular public gigs could publicize a little? I know you've got your testimonials section, and you've got the map of users (which is really cool) - but this would be something that a prospective licensee of kJams could check to see if there will be a KJ using the software LIVE close-by. Or, that we, mac karaoke snobs, could use when traveling to find an evening's entertainment with familiar pampering by your software. Right now, your map is so massive that it's almost unusable, and this might be a sensible migration or progression of similar thinking.

>>Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Re: Forum for ongoing public gigs

Post by dave »

Okay dude, you got it.

Shows

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

Sweet, thanks. Added an entry, hopefully formatting is about right.

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

In light of Robert's outstanding work on providing us all a place to post gigs - perhaps we would be better served by killing the Google map and just linking to his site search (as you have already done - thanks!)

Robert, if you see this, is there a way you can add something that would allow a KJ to specify that they use kJams (or, to be fair, some lesser software on a lesser platform) at their gigs?

>>Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yeah, and can your site host the google map too?? or can you post to me a URL where your database is so i can update my map? i love maps, you see...

cfspinner

Post by cfspinner »

Going to be adding several items so the KJ can list if the place is smoke free, is full liquor and offers a full menu or just finger foods or no food at all. I will add a select box so the kj can select the type of software they use.

As far as maps go, I did write a script for the original iPhone web app that was map based and showed all locations within a given radius. I could easily modify it to display all locations across the US with pins and will. Just take some time, like dave, many things going on.
Creator of the iSing Karaoke Locator for the iphone
[url]itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334150511&mt=8&s=143441[/url]
http://www.karaokeblogs.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if it's easer, you can just write a quick script to export your data to a CSV file with lat, long, and maybe a blurb of the address with whatever other data you want, and i can put it in my google map real quick?

cfspinner

Post by cfspinner »

i'll have a url for you in a couple of days where you can pass in the your zip code, a milage radius, say 250 miles to start, and it will return to you an xml file which you can use. Just need to add to your page a zip code entry box so someone can enter their own zip and see whats in their area. Returning a list of over 2000 venues will be really slow. It will take a while for the google interface to draw all those points on the map. Tried it already :)
Creator of the iSing Karaoke Locator for the iphone
[url]itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334150511&mt=8&s=143441[/url]
http://www.karaokeblogs.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)