Artist Names

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Chuck

Artist Names

Post by Chuck »

Hey Dave:

In previous versions I could sort a playlist by the artists' names and kJams would automagically move the word "The" from the beginning to the end of an artist's name, so that for example, "Doobie Brothers" would show up in the list right along with "The Doobie Brothers".

The latest version doesn't seem to be renaming the artists like this ("The Doobie Brothers" gets shoved downlist with all the others that start with a "T"). Is there an option somewhere I've overlooked?

I've verified that the Import prefs checkbox is checked to move "The" to the end of the artist name.

Best,
Chuck

dave
Site Admin

"the"

Post by dave »

Your best bet at this point is to scroll down to "the" and select all the same artists and get info and manually move "the" to the end, they will all update at once.

That pref is only for Adding to Library songs that already exist as MP3+G, i don't think it is applied during Rip, tho it should be.

-dave