Videos

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Karanight

Videos

Post by Karanight »

I was given some music videos to try the other day so I put them on my HD and then played them using quicktime. I wasn't happy with that so I added them to my kjams library, put them into their own singer file and played them. They played great so now I can use just kjams for my background music and karaoke without any issues as to who is always on top.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

Ron Larrivee

Re: Videos

Post by Ron Larrivee »

Hi Kara,

I like this a lot. - (Newbie Ron L.) Are you able to add videos from iTunes to the kJams Library? I use to use vignettes from SNLive occasionally (depending on the crowd) and number of singers and folks always seemed to like that (as a little break). Some of the older and topical stuff that they did like, you know, Rosanna, Rosanna, Dana etc. really got some laughs!

PS - Any tips for me setting up for first show using kJams - been doing this for years with cavs units' would like to "get it right" with kJams in a hurry.

thanks,

Ron L.

Ron Larrivee

Post by Ron Larrivee »

PS - I know you're talking about music videos which has also really caught on around here. What's the quality like?

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Hi Ron,

I've never got any videos from itunes, but I have a collection of DVD's that I've built up over the year's (from when I was on disc) I'll be trying them soon
As for getting your 1st night off the ground, play with the program at home and you'll see just how easy the program is to use. I get KJ's at my venues from time to time and one thing they always comment on is how easy the program is to use and understand. The interface is so clear that even when the singers come over to see when they're up to sing, they don't need to ask me they just read it from the screen and that saves me being pestered
When I was on disc it was like going on a car trip with the kids with the incessant "are we nearly there yet" but with singers it's "when am I on". Not any more. now I get "am I that far off" and can you bring me forward a bit. So i tell em show me from the screen who I've got to move to get you on earlier, at that they normally go away.
Another thing I'll say is when Dave adds a new feature I never check it out at home cos there usually easy to navigate. It's rare that I have to resort to learning anything at home.
Len

Web site at

Paul

Post by Paul »

Can you let me know what you use to rip the videos from dvd and what settings you use, I have found it a bit hit and miss to get smooth video playback.

Paul

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

I've done on windows in the past but I've never pursued it. Now I can't remember what program I used and I've since got rid of that particular computer. I'll work on my brain and try to remember cos I've got a lot of pop videos that i can use.

Web site at

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks Dave

Tashmoo

Post by Tashmoo »

Theres a free application called 'Tooble' that will let you download music videos from YouTube. It drops them into your ITunes Movie library. I copy them into a folder in the KJams folder. You can name it anything you want, just so you can find it . Then go into KJams and under File menu, Do Add To Library. Set up the meta data correctly, and they will all show up as video files.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks for that Tashmoo. Tooble works great, the files are really large though, is there a way to zip them and have Kjams open them up to play?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

flash files are already compressed. compressing them *again* won't gain you anything.

-dave