ITunes Karaoke

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
DrVideo

ITunes Karaoke

Post by DrVideo »

I just noticed that the Apple Itunes Store has Karaoke Downloads.

Has anyone downloaded some tracks from there?

Are they any good? Most are Ameritz.

Do they come down as 2 files? .mp3 & .cdg

Thanks!
Jam on it!

dave
Site Admin

:P

Post by dave »

no, they are audio only. I call them "instramenals", not "karaoke", cuz there ain't no graphics. it's a sham.

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

I was ticked that the one song I liked from the not-nearly-as-good-as-the-original "hairspray" is included as an instrumental track but was album only. But yeah, it'd be nice if they got their act together and sold them in the right format.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

actually i don't WANT Apple to sell them "in the right format".

kJams has a music store, that sells real Karaoke. And more stores will come online in the "near future". I'd much rather folks use my store, than the Apple store. ;)

-dave

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I always check the Kjams music store first. When i download from somewhere else, can i just drag the cdg file into the kjams library?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

be sure to place your downloaded songs in a location where you'll never move them again (eg: NOT your destkop folder) before you add them to your kJams library. and yes, opening the CDG file will add Audio+G to kJams.

philflood

Post by philflood »

Of course, if the **karaoke** fiels you download from iTunes are songs you can't get in a real karaoke, it will give you nice audio file to use to make a real karaoke with Producer. :D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

true, true.