Skins

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Maxx

Skins

Post by Maxx »

Dave, have you thought of adding different skins to the GUI? Sometimes the white is WAY too bright. Yes I can lower the brightness on my screen, but then I can't see anything else. Just a question of possibility.

Keep up the work! You still RAWK in my book.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

possibly in the distant future when all the big fish have been fried.
not skinning probably, more like, turn down the brightness maybe?

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

Perhaps you could try something like ShapeShifter. It is a pretty decent GUI changer - not sure how much of kJams it would affect, as I remember it didn't do much with iTunes. (I used to use it, then stopped after a while, but I still use a Window Shade app from the same devs)

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »

sadly ShapeShifter, which i would otherwise be recommending, is not compatible with 10.5

-dave

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

Indeed, I just noticed that too. Well, for all the Tiger users out there, woot!

Perhaps Unsanity will eventually roll out a similar utility for Leopard. (I think the version of Shapeshifter I am using is from 2005! A little behind the times on this one.)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)

ChurchCat

Re: Skins

Post by ChurchCat »

Maxx wrote:Dave, have you thought of adding different skins to the GUI? Sometimes the white is WAY too bright. Yes I can lower the brightness on my screen, but then I can't see anything else. Just a question of possibility.

Keep up the work! You still RAWK in my book.
Just one more (slightly daft) suggestion.

With your left hand hold down ctrl, alt and cmd at the same time. Then with the right hand press number 8

Result instant re-skin. :D Repeat to reverse it.

:wink:
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock:

OMFG! Even *I* can learn something new about the mac!

Maxx

Re: Skins

Post by Maxx »

ChurchCat wrote: Just one more (slightly daft) suggestion.

With your left hand hold down ctrl, alt and cmd at the same time. Then with the right hand press number 8

Result instant re-skin. :D Repeat to reverse it.

:wink:
Ah Yes. Negative/Solarization. I found this out the hard way...actually my son found it on my G5 and I FREAKED! Didn't know what he had done. Then I talked to a friend of mine that is a "Mac Genius" and he told me about that "feature". The only problem with that is it then changes a dark background to white....same problem as before...too bright when switching to a dark backgrounded program (I use Megaseg to do all my other musical programming). Hehehe, oh well.

Thanks for the info tho.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)