New Songs Search

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Peel

New Songs Search

Post by Peel »

Does anyone have a method for making newly added songs searchable as such? I don't subscribe to any of the online karaoke services, but add songs from CDs and purchased individual downloads. I'd like to have singers be able to search for New Additions from the app. Other than temporary appending the phrase NEW to the song title, or artist I can't think of a way to do this. Any suggestions?
I'm fine with editing a group of songs to add a note to a field, and then updating that later when those songs aren't "new" any longer. I was hoping that the Comment field would be searchable, but it appears that it isn't.

dave
Site Admin

Re: New Songs Search

Post by dave »

the comment field is supposed to be searchable. is it showing as a sort columns? kjams searches only shown sort columns
here's how to hide/show sort columns

Peel

Post by Peel »

Yep, that was it. I had hidden the column.

Peel

Post by Peel »

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It was hidden, but unhiding it didn't help. (maybe this is a 64bit version problem?)

Peel

Post by Peel »

OK, I realized that maybe I wasn't too clear. So I *can* search by the Comment field within KJams. It's a field that's searchable from the kJams Cue/wtkJams app that I'm looking for.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

also take note that editing comments in "get info" won't actually SAVE your comments, this is a known bug.

you're right, searching from "kJams Cue" (formerly wtkJams) or "The Server (web UI)" is designed to only search song name/artist/album. there's no way to search other columns or "what's new"

that's a great idea for a new feature. i wish i had a team of ten working for me :(

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

You can create a playlist with the new songs.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes but you can't enable the ability to search THAT playlist separately from the library, when using the web UI or "kJams Cue".