Multichannel video files

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
djdudeman

Multichannel video files

Post by djdudeman »

Hey all!

I’ve been using KJams for almost 10 years now, granted I haven’t used it in the last few years as I got out of the traditional karaoke scene.

I’m doing a Karaoke with A Live Band show now, and we use video extensively. My video files are a multichannel audio file ( usually 8 separate tracks of audio ) so that the band stays in sync with the video.

I would love to utilize the online features of the music book, and requests of KJams with my shows. Does anyone know if It is possible to get KJams to play the multichannel audio from my video files? I have a sound card with individual outputs, I can get the separated audio with VLC. KJams does play the video files no problem, but only gives me two of the channels of audio.

I’m using a Mac… :)

dave
Site Admin

Re: Multichannel video files

Post by dave »

kJams is hard-coded to mix all multichannel to 2 channel before playing.

the 64bit version of kJams however has LOTS more options under the hood for adding features such as you're asking about (eg: sending different channels to different outputs)
that feture may come later if there's enough enthusiasm for it.

-dave

djdudeman

Post by djdudeman »

How much enthusiasm do you require? Should I get some pom-poms? :D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Well, what I mean is enough user requests. Like if like several people petition me for this feature, it’s more likely I will consider implementing it. :-)

However, pom-poms definitely go along way!