Why doesn't iPad need WKTJams?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Why doesn't iPad need WKTJams?

Post by HowardBrazee »

What is the difference between iPads and iPhones in that I can just use a browser with my iPad and need to use WKTJams with my iPhone?

Also, how do I find or reset my password when I log into the server? Nobody here uses either, but just in case someone expresses interest in the sheet I've written up, I want to show them, but I forgot my password.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Why doesn't iPad need WKTJams?

Post by dave »

does the browser really work on an iPad? hadn't tried that. i think the drag and drop support doesn't work? have you tried reordering your queue? that's a critical feature. it's supposed to not let you use the web browser.

you reset your password by telling the KJ, you can't do it on the web page.
to reset the pw of a singer when you as the KJ are running kJams, right click the singer and pick "get info"

HowardBrazee

Re: Why doesn't iPad need WTKJams?

Post by HowardBrazee »

Interesting. Using my browser in my iPad doesn't appear to allow me to reorder my queue. I haven't tried using my iPad in Sidecar for that, as my iMac is too old for Sidecar.

When I tried using the browser on my iPhone, it just sent me to WTKJams. But the iPad let me use my browser—with that one limitation that I hadn't noticed.

Well, I'm in senior living. This is a feature that would be popular with youth. It's hard enough to get seniors to use the spreadsheets and request sheets I've printed up.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what feature are you requesting?

that the iPad ALSO forward you to use wtkJams?
or that the iPhone allow you to use the web UI, but also have the limitation of no drag and drop?
or that you want drag and drop in the web UI on the iPad?

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

The iPad will use WTKJams. I'm not requesting a feature, just trying to figure out what's different about iPads and iPhones (and computers) here. Unfortunately, the people I do Karaoke with are older and will never use either feature.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I think the simple answer is this code was written before iPads, so it doesn't detect them and re-route users to use wtkJams.

the REASON it reroutes users using iOS is that the Safari browser on iOS simply doesn't support the flavor of drag-and-drop that the kJams server implements (and also that wtkJams has a much better UX).

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Interesting. I will try other IOS browsers this afternoon.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it won't work in any browser, i think, they all must use WebKit, i think?

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

When I try to drag a line item up, it scrolls up. But there are computers and iPad that use both mouse and touch, so it should be solvable.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

when you try to drag a line item on iPad?

note my "solution" is to disallow iPads from using a browser: they MUST use wtkJams.