Reading Song Formats

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Reading Song Formats

Post by HowardBrazee »

Sometimes it is not obvious to me how to sing a song.

For instance, I have the following song: "It’s a Most Unusual Day"

It has Red text, turquoise text, and text in parenthesis, but no clue about who sings red, who sings turquoise, and who sings the parts in parenthesis. Are there standards that I should know?

(Party Tyme PY14108)

dave
Site Admin

Re: Reading Song Formats

Post by dave »

Normally, red or pink is female, blue or turquoise is male, and white would be both seem together. You can easily find out the truth by listening to the original song by the original artist while watching the lyrics :-)

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I have seen those commonly. Sometimes the color switches to chorus. I do modify the duet comment.

Do you have any guess about the parenthesis though? That I'm clueless about.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i don't know about parenthesis. if it's white, it could be "both singers" or "background singers"

but really: just listen to the original song by the original artist and it should become clear?

JasJ21

Post by JasJ21 »

It does sound very logical, but I'm afraid it's too logical to think of when you're looking for a solution :lol: still, listening to the original version will help, but if you're looking to sing with someone who isn't too familiar with it, it may be better to have clearer indications in the subtitles.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well, to get that corrected, you'd have to contact the creator of the particular karaoke song in question. I just present what has been created, i have no control over what they give me, and i can't change it after the fact. sorry for the bad news :(

-dave