PaddleServer in my dock

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

PaddleServer in my dock

Post by HowardBrazee »

When I start kJams, the application "PaddleServer" shows up in my dock. When I quit kJams, that application stops, but it remains in my dock until I remove it by hand.

This started after I was running an application called Go64, which locates 32-bit applications. I saw this application which I was unfamiliar with and ran it once to see what it was. It didn't do anything that I noticed, so I looked to see where it is located, and found it's in kJams folders.

How do I get it to not show up in my dock the way it used to work?

dave
Site Admin

Re: PaddleServer in my dock

Post by dave »

Paddle is the shopping cart app that manages licensing for kJams. It has to run temporarily on startup to check the license, then again if you upgrade kjams. it should run for a few seconds, then quit automatically. there's no reason for it to STAY in the dock, and it certainly doesn't request to stay in the dock. if it stays in the dock perhaps there's some other app doing that, not related to kJams?