Placeholder song

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Placeholder song

Post by HowardBrazee »

Yesterday, at our senior-housing Karaoke night, I had two people who wanted a time without actually playing a Karaoke song.

One played his trumpet, and the other was a handicapped person who just sang a song.

So I put in a place-holder song for them and skipped it when it was time to play.

I'd like to actually *have* a place-holder song instead of picking a real one. A song that maybe had a title, or maybe be completely empty. Either that or have kJams do this somehow.

Could someone here create a dummy song that could be shared with me (and others)?

Thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: Placeholder song

Post by dave »

:shock:

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just pick ANY song in your library, duplicate it in the Finder, rename it whatever you want, import it into kJams, and use that as you placeholder.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I'd like it to be virtually zero length, so that I can "play" it.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

download the trial version of Adobe Audition, create a ten second silence WAV file, save that, then import it and give it a nice name :)

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

So a .wav file is sufficient. Thanks. (I do have a copy of John Cage's 4'33'' in my iTunes, but it is too long)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sure, or AIFF, which is essentially the same thing