Telling kJams' "Who's Up Next" that I'm going to use a venue

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Telling kJams' "Who's Up Next" that I'm going to use a venue

Post by HowardBrazee »

I practice singing in my apartment using a playlist of songs. "Who's Up Next" properly shows songs from this list.

On Karaoke Night, before we start to sing, I add some songs for people in the venue, but when I hit Command-8, it shows songs from my practice playlist. My work-around is to play a couple of seconds of a song that I have queued in the venue. Now I can hit Command-8 and it shows the "Who's Up Next" for the venue (I only have one venue, our senior living apartment).

Is there a better way to tell kJams that I'm using the venue that I have marked a couple of people as present?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Telling kJams' "Who's Up Next" that I'm going to use a venue

Post by dave »

there's a notion of "what playlist is currently running", and if you haven't STARTED the rotation, then kJams remembers the most recently used one, with would be your personal playlist. when you get to the venue, put a practice song into YOUR singer and start the rotation, that tells kJams "we're now using the rotation, so show that when you show who's up next"

-dave