Question about Kjams on PC

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Brendan

Question about Kjams on PC

Post by Brendan »

I have been using Kjams for years now. It has always performed above expectations. My Macbook pro is on its last legs and I need to upgrade but a new mac is not in the budget right now. I am considering buying a PC for Kjams and other things. Any recommendations on a PC? Is Kjams working as well as on Macs? Is the functionality the same across the platforms once I'm set up ?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Question about Kjams on PC

Post by dave »

the functionality is identical, but the performance isn't quite as good. so be sure to get 8-16 Gigs of RAM, and at LEAST a high end quad-core with hyperthreading. speed will be your friend. optional: an SSD for fast database saves and launching. honestly it performs better on mac ( macOS seems to have a much smoother thread management sub-system) so you'll still get better performance on a used mac that is slightly older. (not more than a couple years)

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

ok, fast forward, I bought a new macbook pro :) Now my question is; Do i need an activation code from you to enter on the new machine?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »