Last second song changes

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Last second song changes

Post by HowardBrazee »

My Karaoke sessions are with seniors in a senior living apartment.

Last night was typical with the previous months - someone would be on the rotation and ready to sing, but when the song came up (maybe with an unfamiliar intro), and that singer wants to switch to a different song.

I futz around for a couple of minutes, sometimes clicking on a new song, but still the old song comes up before I finally get the new song.

What is the easiest, most direct way of doing this?

Also - sometimes I need to put a new singer at the top of the rotation. I try dragging it up the "KJ rotation", but the old singer's still there. I end up marking the top singer as "Not Here", then here, to put that singer on the bottom (and then drag that singer up).

What is the easiest, most direct way of putting a different singer at the top - when someone else is already queued and ready for me to hit space to sing?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Last second song changes

Post by dave »

if the singer who wishes to switch songs has already put multiple songs into their Tonight list, you can use "Switchable Songs". if they just want a different VERSION of the same song, you can use "Switchable Albums".

if you're in the "KJ Rotation", and the singer who's currently up has a song that is [playing or "loaded but paused"], then you can NOT change who is up. To change who is up, you must first STOP the currently [playing or "loaded but paused"] song. Once no song is playing, you are free to reorder the "KJ Rotation"

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Thanks.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)