Had our first kJams session

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Had our first kJams session

Post by HowardBrazee »

Our senior-living residence had our first kJams session (our 4th Karaoke session - every 4 weeks for 2 hours).

As with my test session, I found it very hard to get my Mac's displays to work right (to a monitor and a TV). I wish there was a way to save two commonly used display settings.

I had a bit of trouble trying to stop a couple of songs I was playing (before the session) from a list to stop when I wanted to start the rotation.

I had it set up to not pause between tracks, and when the menu came up after a song showing the next singers, I hit the space bar to stop it. But every time, after a couple of seconds, it would pause - at the start of the next song. So changed that setting.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Had our first kJams session

Post by dave »

please send an email about these issues and we'll figure them out

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

OK. I doubt there is a way (short of writing an Apple Script), of storing my display configurations.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The display settings should save automatically, and recognize the same monitors when they are plugged in again.
I wrote a script that did some of what you wanted in order to accomplish something completely different that is available in the Code section here, but it really shouldn't be necessary.
These two apps will also do what you want, plus provide other options:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/display ... ls=1&mt=12
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moom/id419330170?mt=12

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)