Starting off with kJams Lite

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
HowardBrazee

Starting off with kJams Lite

Post by HowardBrazee »

I live in senior living and we recently got together to buy a Karaoke machine and have Karaoke every 4 weeks.

I have a Mac, bought kJams Lite. I was going to buy it so that we could buy new songs and burn a CD-G with downloaded songs. But trying it out, it looks as though I will bring my Mac downstairs, connect it to a TV and a monitor for the graphics, and play the music through the Karaoke machine.

I ripped a bunch of CD-G disks and bought a few songs, so I have songs on my Mac. I don't want any subscription services.

So in testing, I find I can add songs to a playlist, put a pause between playing them and play them. There are errors on the display which I hadn't seen with playing on the Karaoke machine, but we can live with that.

Is there a way to have a playlist that automatically drops songs after they have been played?

Also - do I need to spend another $70 to have singer names? I don't think we are ready to chip in that much right now. But if we do, would the songs cycle through singers so that they take turns playing their next song on the list?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Starting off with kJams Lite

Post by dave »

kJams Lite doesn't support singers, so yes, you need Pro (or 2) for singer support

and yes, then you will have "rotation", which interleaves singers, and when a song is done it goes into the singer's history (and is no longer in the rotation playlist)

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Hmm, I guess my first attempt to post a replay failed. Let me try again:

Thanks.

I turned my preferences to pause between tracks, and high quality video. We want to call the next singer up in between songs. I don’t see a way to show who’s the singer without spending another $70. I will have singers coming to me with a slip of paper with their next request. It would be *nice* to enter their name so that we make sure they aren't jumping the queue, but that isn't necessary.

So I find their song and drag it to the playlist we are playing from. And whenever a song has completed, I manually delete it from that queue. Is that how it should work?

I live in senior housing and we have Karaoke night every 4 weeks. I explored kJams so that I could create CD-G's out of download Karaoke songs. But kJams looks like a better choice, loading all of our disks into my iMac and dragging it downstairs. I got plugs to connect my iMac to a monitor and a TV, and connect the audio to the Karaoke machine. I see lots more flakey text than I remember seeing when we played disks on the Karaoke machine, but maybe that's coincidence. At any rate, I don't want to subscribe, and have spend my share of money (maybe we can get contributions).

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

kJams Lite is intended for home use between friends.

if you run a show where you have actual singers, then you need kJams Pro or 2. Note that Lite is not even licensed for public performance (pro and 2 are)

email me if you do all your shows for free, we'll see what we can do to get you upgraded.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I switched to kJams Pro, thanks.

Acheson

Post by Acheson »

HowardBrazee wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:17 am
I got great results with Anadrole and switched to kJams Pro, thanks.
Well, that was fast, Howard. Did you regret the decision? I'm considering this as well.
Last edited by Acheson on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Not at all. This will work out very well.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)