Help!! new to mac and want to start karaoke pls

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
dawn

Help!! new to mac and want to start karaoke pls

Post by dawn »

I have just purchsed a g4 mac and want to start running a karaoke nights in my local area ive been looking into tihs programme and really need help can any one assist?
questions :

Where do i download the songs from?
Do they have videos/lyrics on them ?
how long does the install take ?
if i decide to buy the package how much does it cost ?

pls help me xxx

dave
Site Admin

answers

Post by dave »

Downloading karaoke is currently illegal, I'm working on creating a legal Karaoke online music store.

You can, however, buy custom discs that have only your favorite songs from a few places, eg: here and here. This info, by the way, is available on my Links page.

Yes, they have lyrics in them, for an example of what CDG Karaoke looks like, click here. This link, by the way, is available on my Front page. At present, kJams does not run movies, only CDG's, this will however be fixed by the time 1.0 is ready, you *will* be able to play any QuickTime movie file, and keep them in your Library.

The install is a drag and drop, so it takes Zero seconds once it is downloaded.

The price for the Lite version is $40, the price for the Pro version is $110, and this info, is available on the Downloads page.

Have fun!
-dave
Last edited by dave on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dawn

SO...........

Post by dawn »

does that mean that i can copy my own cdgs into my k tunes library and then play them with graphics which will eventually enable me to link upi toa tv to play in venues ???
also do i need to but a cd writter /burner or do i have every thing i need in my g4 mac?

dave
Site Admin

more answers

Post by dave »

Your first two questions are answered on the intro page of the site, here:
http://www.kjams.com/

Your last question is answered in the FAQ.

dawn

Post by dawn »

Thanks

im kinda getting the idea now still confussed about what seperate eqipment i need????
can you point me in the write direction cos i cannot find in FAQ

sorry to be a a pain x

dave
Site Admin

separate equipment

Post by dave »

The only other equipment that makes the experience complete would be a microphone, for example this.
If you already have a pro mic, and just need to plug it into your mac, you'll need this and this.
Soon, kJams will be able to mix your mic with your music, but until then, I recommend using AudioHijack.