Burning Disc

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
lenskaraoke

Burning Disc

Post by lenskaraoke »

It seem to me that my laptop gets, tired and irritable with me and can even punish me because I was burning a CDG disc the other night (something I have done several times successfully with kjams) but I thought I’d be cleaver and have someone sing at the same time and kjams froze.

I had to force quit, but when I reopened I got a window on the screen telling me my external Lite-on drive was not compatible. I shut kjams down again and reopened but still got the same message so I thought, that, as the drive was not on the list of compatible drives for CDG’s and apple (it only say’s windows on the box and doesn't mention CDG’s, but it worked so I think “why worry it works so I’ll use it”) that I would finally have to get a drive off your list.

That was until the next night when I gave it another go, without the singer this time, and hey presto! it worked again. I know burning a disc I a heavy job so I’ll only burn whilst doing nothing else in future, after all it does burn very fast and there’s no need really to put singer’s up at the same time.
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

hmmm

Post by dave »

kJams was designed to be able to continue doing other things while burning. You will note that while the burn dialog is up and running, that you can switch back to the browser and just keep doing other things. In fact you can burn another disc if you've got multiple burners.

Please don't accept mediocrity, I need to to demand perfection, that's the only way kJams will become perfect!

I'd love to see the crash report on that and any logs you have from that night (all of them preferably). I want to fix all the bugs, I would NEVER expect you to "just accept it" or "work around the problems". In *MY* opinion you should be able to do WHATEVER you want and NEVER crash. Please help me find the root cause of this bug.

-dave

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

After that speech Dave I don't know whether to admire you or send you sympathy.

:shock:

Nice that you care so much.

CC

8)
Every forum needs it's own cat.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

ChurchCat wrote:After that speech Dave I don't know whether to admire you or send you sympathy.
Well I was just speechless.

Dave I will try to make it happen again and send the log if it does crash.
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

k

Post by dave »

let me know 8)