RE Corrupted files from Tricerasoft

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
djvoltron

RE Corrupted files from Tricerasoft

Post by djvoltron »

Hi I used kjams pro for the first time live at a gig, about 5 of the songs that i downloaded ended up being corrupted so I could not play. The majority of the songs i played were downloads from tricerasoft. I had a host of other issues that ill create a separate thread for if needed.

Is there a way to see that a file is corrupted in Kjams (in rotation view)before I try to play a file?
In comparison, I use serato for regular DJ gigs, and they have a visual indicator on the corrupted files, so that you can know not to play them.

In essence I want to visually see if the file (ie in rotation view) is corrupted prior to the singer getting to the microphone and me pressing play.

dave
Site Admin

Re: RE Corrupted files from Tricerasoft

Post by dave »

There is a bug in the current version which incorrectly marks songs as corrupted. I don't know if that's what you're running into. If the files actually are corrupt, we need to inform TriceraSoft about it.

kJams can't know if a song file is corrupt until it plays the song. At that point we could mark (label) it RED but i think it would be too late by then?

djvoltron

Post by djvoltron »

Yes that is exactly the problem i ran into. Ill have to wait until the next update then. I purchased a few songs from tricerasoft and they woudn't play. What i was thinking is that kjams could access the songs in the rotation and check for corruption and mark them as corrupt so that the host can remove them from the rotation and fix the problem before the singer is up to sing.

If this is already a known issue and is just falsely marking them as corrupt, then you can just close this thread and ill wait till the next update. How do I know if the songs are really corrupted, or just marked incorrectly as corrupted?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if that's what you're running into, then the songs are not actually corrupt, and you may freely ignore that playlist (or just delete it)

if they ACTUALLY don't play, then they really ARE corrupt, and then that's NOT the bug you're running into. You can tell by just playing the song: does it play? then it's not corrupt.

kJams only looks ahead ONE song (if you have "pre-cache next song" turned on in the prefs). so yeah, i can easily mark the bad song in a red color at that point, but that doesn't give you much time.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you mark the song in red, it would be helpful if this was stored in the xml, and cleared once the song is fixed/replaced.
Also, putting a (!) badge on it might be a better, more iTunes-y UI.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it's on the list. but you know how that goes. ;-)