Lite -> Pro upgrade path wanted

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
El Ramos

Lite -> Pro upgrade path wanted

Post by El Ramos »

I want to buy kJams Lite for trial use in a home setting; then, once I'm satisfied, switch to kJams Pro for professional use. Can I buy Lite immediately, then buy an upgrade to Pro that costs $70 or so (the difference in price between the two programs?)

I don't mind if I lose the use of kJams Lite in the process; I'd expect it, actually. The Pro app can take over Lite's serial #, if you like.

What I don't want: paying full price for two programs when I'll end up using only one. Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

What I don't want: paying full price for two programs when I'll end up using only one
Only a true ass would do that to you!! :) No, with kJams, when you upgrade from Lite to Pro you only pay exactly the difference! :)

Just go Help->Purchase in the Lite version to get started. When you're ready go Help->Upgrade to get the pro version.

No problem at all! :)

El Ramos

Re: :)

Post by El Ramos »

dave wrote:when you upgrade from Lite to Pro you only pay exactly the difference! :)

Just go Help->Purchase in the Lite version to get started. When you're ready go Help->Upgrade to get the pro version.
Ah, great!

I suggest you add this and all other pricing information to the FAQ, though. It's currently difficult to learn how much anything costs, other than by starting the buying process. Most people prefer knowing the cost before clicking "Purchase," not after. ;-)

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

It's pretty clearly laid out on the Downloads page, you really can't miss it:

http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Downloads

El Ramos

Re: :)

Post by El Ramos »

dave wrote:It's pretty clearly laid out on the Downloads page, you really can't miss it:

http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Downloads
The upgrade cost was not listed there when I asked you for it. You must have inserted it afterwards. :?

Yep, here's the proof:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... oldid=3853

The only "overlooking" happening here is you forgetting about the Wiki History button. :wink:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well yer wicked funny. i wasn't trying to be sneaky. It did clearly say what the prices were for each, my assumption has always been that only a jerk would charge more than the difference to upgrade and that everybody would know that so I never even thought to spell it out. But since you mentioned it yes i went in and spelled it out. I guess people are too jaded and expect the worst which continues to surprise me, you'd think I'd learn after a while.