Cool Trick for Multiple rooms using 1 Hard Drive and router.

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
gearswap

Post by gearswap »

This is my setup that I use and may not be suitable for others.

1) Go to Walmart and get a cheap 20.00 Router with USB (Plugs in the wall outlet) I name my connection "Karaoke" for singers to connect through internal wifi without internet.
2) Connect your External Karaoke Drive with the Kjams Master folder on it (Setup from instructions provided here:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Moving#M ... y_Settings
3) Install Kjams on each computer 1 time then Create the shortcuts to the external drive. (also describes in the link provided.
4) If you have 4 different rooms, Create each room as it's own venue (E.G. Room 1, Room 2, Room 3, Room 4) this is for singers to connect via wktjams or kiosk and routes all song request to appropriate computer.

I do like to try many other things including "Ultra Cheap" setups.

Minimum hardware I use and runs Kjams Pro perfectly is:
1) (Walmart) Mobile router that plugs into the wall outlet and has USB.
2) 1.5 Terabyte hard Drive Plugged Directly into (wall plug) router Via USB
3) Intel imac core2duo, 2.0GHz processor, 2GB ram, 80 gig hard drive just running OSX and KJams Pro & Shortcuts created to External Drive (Computer Named Room1) Venue also named Room1
4) Intel imac core2duo, 1.83GHz processor, 2GB ram, 160 gig hard drive just running OSX and KJams Pro & Shortcuts created to External Drive (Computer Named Room2) Venue also named Room2

UPDATE:

Thank to dave for his awesome advice, I Now run Bootcamp in the iMac computers and Install a Windows Version of Kjams creating the shortcuts and Everything running Perfect including the Digital Songbook Kiosks created using Safari browser.

Cheers to a wonderful program.

Tip: If your Hard drive is formatted for mac and not windows, No Worries you can simply google Mac Hard drive reader for windows.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Cool Trick for Multiple rooms using 1 Hard Drive and rou

Post by dave »

or you could just run it on your mac, however i think the point is a cheap windows computer is way WAY cheaper than the cheapest mac.