adding files/renaming

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
djgusmusictogo

adding files/renaming

Post by djgusmusictogo »

i've recently added some new songs for an external hard drive and they are showing up in my i tunes file, which in turn means that they are added to my sera to dj file.....is there a way to keep them from being added into the i-tunes??.....i've noticed not all of them are being added to the i-tunes files, thanks.

dave
Site Admin

Re: adding files/renaming

Post by dave »

i don't really know about iTunes.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The only way to add tracks to iTunes is to manually add them, either by dragging them into the app or opening them.
To prevent them from adding to iTunes, just… don't add them.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes if you meant that by using kJams, somehow songs got into iTunes, then i think you're seeing a relationship that isn't there. kJams has no way to add songs to iTunes, so if songs DID get into iTunes, it was done by some user action, or by some other program not related to kJams.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

FTR, even Serato does not automatically import tracks added to an iTunes Library. In order for Serato to add new tracks added to iTunes to a crate, you have to manually add it, either by navigating to your iTunes library and adding them directly, or opening the iTunes Library in Serato and adding the new tracks.
Serato does not automatically add new iTunes tracks, and certainly does not automatically add new tracks directly to iTunes.
Somewhere along the line there is user intervention going on here.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)