external hard drives

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
djgusmusictogo

external hard drives

Post by djgusmusictogo »

I am buying an external hard drive which already has a number of songs on it as well as some I-tunes and some Mp3's......will I be able to use the songs off of it with K-jams?? I believe they are all in CD+g format (all of the karaoke are CD+g)??

dave
Site Admin

Re: external hard drives

Post by dave »

yes of course :)

when you do "add to library" to them, in kJams, it will ask you if you want to reference or copy.
you probably want to leave them on the external drive and reference them from there.

djgusmusictogo

Post by djgusmusictogo »

i'm trying to take the songs off of the external hard drive and drag and drop them into k jams.....it shows that its transferring but the songs don't show up in my play list.....some of the files are in zip file form.....not sure what i'm doing wrong....

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'm trying to take the songs off of the external hard drive
do you mean you want to copy them to the internal drive?
or do you mean you want to reference them where they are?
this is a critical question
drag and drop them into k jams
this is in fact the correct method. you can drop them on the kJams icon, or drop them in to the right-hand side of kJams (the tracks list)
but when you do, kJams will ask you "copy or reference" and your choice has specific consequences.
it shows that its transferring
what does it say exactly? please be specific.
but the songs don't show up in my play list
they will show up in the Library playlist and in the playlist you dropped them in.
if you don't see it, are you SURE you do not have a search term in the search box, which filters the new song out of view?

djgusmusictogo

Post by djgusmusictogo »

EVERYTHING WORKED OUT FINE WITH DRAGGING AND DROPPING INTO THE FILE......SO SORRY FOR NOT RESPONDING BACK IN A TIMELY MANNER.....THANK YOU SO MUCH

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

hey great!

ps: note that it seems like you're shouting :D