Converting MOV

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
yagervideo

Converting MOV

Post by yagervideo »

A google search rendered many ways to convert CDG to MOV as well as many other file formats. What about creating a MOV to CDG or anything else of a similar small file size. I am adding some of my own bands music to my karaoke collection. I made it it Final Cut. my MOV is roughly 550MB. I would like to see it down to the 5-10MB file size that the rest of my collection.

If an MP3/CDG zip file isn't what I am looking for, please advise me on what I should be searching for. Keep in mind, I am a novice when it comes to karaoke. i took over for a friend and decided I wanted to add some of my own. If I am going all about this the wrong way, point me in the right direction. I am a video producer so obviously FCP was my "go to" as I am very familiar.

Thanks in advance!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Converting MOV

Post by dave »

creating a CDG file must be done from scratch, it is not possible within the laws of physics to convert a movie to a CDG. any movie will be at least many hundreds of kps, but a CDG streams at about 3kps. converting would be like sucking an elephant thru a straw.

if you really want to create a CDG file, then you need to directly create it with a tool made to do just that. eg: kJams Producer. Macintosh computer required.

The other alternative is to compress your movie to h.264, however you're not going to get anywhere near 5MB per song with that.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Using FCP to do karaoke lyric animation is really like using an electron beam microscope to do wood etching of your "World's Greatest Dad" plaque!
:)
If you really want to use a high end video tool rather than just using KTP and Producer (which is far simpler) you might want to consider using a subtitler, like AegisSub, and AfterEffects. Far simpler, far more control, and far less headache.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what he said.