Kjams suddenly using 95% CPU when playing

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
acemc

Kjams suddenly using 95% CPU when playing

Post by acemc »

I've never experienced this before, but tonight I arrived at the venue, started up SeratoDj, thereafter started up kjams.
It seemed like everything was fine until I noticed the cpu meter in SeratoDj running into the red. I opened up activity monitor & noticed kjams sitting at 95% cpu.
When I stop playing a song, the cpu drops to about 40%, but as soon as I play another song it goes back up to between 90 & 95% no matter what song I play.
I have no idea what I did to cause this, but it never gave me issues in the past, so I really doubt it's the actual application at fault here.
Anyway the night still went through without a hitch, just the lyrics seemed to lag a bit (I sped them up though). Any ideas how to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Kjams suddenly using 95% CPU when playing

Post by dave »

if you're just playing CDG it should be fine. what makes the CPU heat up is "high quality CDG playback" and playing "movie" files. this is actually normal, for now.

acemc

Post by acemc »

Thanks for the prompt response Dave.
I only play cdg files when using Kjams. Any video files that I have, I play through Serato.
I haven't been doing any exporting for reasons in my other post (nudge-nudge, wink-wink).
So just to confirm, is this normal & I just never noticed it before? :shock:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I think it is normal. Try turning off "high quality"