Second Monitor via Apple TV AirPlay

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
guitartattooman

Second Monitor via Apple TV AirPlay

Post by guitartattooman »

I am occasionally using an Apple TV via AirPlay (Extend Desktop) for my Second Monitor access from my MacbookPro. Apple TV costs about $100 which is about the same price as many HDMI cables of longer lengths and quality. I even go Apple TV to an HDMI splitter for multiple second monitors no more than 50 feet apart. Of course, you do have to have a wireless internet connection.

Karaoke words EVERYWHERE! yippeeeeee

dave
Site Admin

Re: Second Monitor via Apple TV AirPlay

Post by dave »

yep! you can even have yet ANOTHER "monitor" in your iPad.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You can get an ATV3 for far less than $100. About $75 on average on eBay, and you can get them even cheaper. Just got a backup at auction for ~$38! Just have to be patient.
One lesson I learned: if you use ANY electronics in the 2.4GHz band, e.g. wireless audio, you run the risk of severely interfering with the network, such that the lyrics may stall out, the Apple TV may disappear from the network entirely (resetting your display) or you may lose WiFi altogether. So if you see these issues, check to see if you have other devices on the same freq. band.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

umm... right! :shock: