Please help !

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
mamie94

Re: Please help !

Post by mamie94 »

Would you be able to recommend a good but not too expensive mixer from the sites you sent me ? Thanks, Denise

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

I was asked to recommend a mixer recently and it isn’t easy To recommend a mixer really depends on a few things
1) Is it for Professional use or private use in the home
2) The amount of money you want to spend (They range from around £30 to silly money, for pro or home use)
3) Your taste, it's a very subjective area and it's a case of each to their own, some will put up with inferior quality without noticing and others would rather die than have something that isn't absolutely perfect.
4) If it's for home use the amount of room you have for it
5) If it’s for pro use do you want a light weight one that’s easy to carry
I could go on. I recommend you narrow down what you want and then look on something like amazon at the reviews before choosing. It’s really a case of research. When you’ve managed to narrow it down go and look at the physical items and if you can, listen to them but remember if you listen to them you’re likely to be in a shop and the sound will vary from place to place
I’m a pro user and I use Yamaha, Warrior and Kam powered mixers. all my customers say I have a good sound, but you have to remember, Sound Is Subjective. I’m sure some wouldn’t like my sound the same as I don’t like other sound. Good luck on your quest.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I'm going to say you'll want the "Sliders" type rather than the "Knobs" type. If you get the "Knobs" you're going to wish you got "Sliders".

mamie94

Post by mamie94 »

Hi Dave , Happy New Year and thanks for all the help . I had so much trouble that we decided on a powered PA . So, my music comes from my Bose and the words are on my 55" TV and the voice comes from the PA . Works fine for what I need . Again , thanks a lot and I appreciate all the help . Denise

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Hi Dave , Happy New Year and thanks for all the help .
thanks and no problem!
I had so much trouble
well wait, *what* trouble?
did you get a mixer? or are you talking about the latency?
we decided on a powered PA
okay that will work too

:)