kjams pro demo help

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Sherry

kjams pro demo help

Post by Sherry »

I downloaded the k jams pro demo on to my mac book pro.I loaded in a CD G and all was well until I try to play the song. the screen is black no words . what did i do wrong? Thank you!

dave
Site Admin

Re: kjams pro demo help

Post by dave »

are you sure you have a CD+G disc? did you rip the disc using kJams? or are you playing the disc itself directly inside kJams?

Sherry

Post by Sherry »

yes I am sure I am using a CDG disc. all I did was put the disc in and it did it's thing in kjams. After I couldn't get anything but a black screen I down loaded the kjamslite and it did come up with the words. what do you do to rip? nothing has told me to do that. thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes I am sure I am using a CDG disc.
okay
all I did was put the disc in and it did it's thing in kjams
that doesn't really make sense, because kJams doesn't do anything at all when you insert a disc. all it does is either ignore the disc or it shows you the names of the tracks on the disc (or "Track 1", "Track 2" etc if the names can't be found. So i'm not sure what you mean when you say "it did it's thing". can you explain more clearly?
After I couldn't get anything but a black screen I down loaded the kjamslite and it did come up with the words
kJams Lite and kJams Pro are the same program, they do the same thing. the difference is kJams Pro has more features. But if kJams Lite does something, then kJams Pro does the exact same thing. Can you describe more clearly exactly what you're doing? Are you saying you can't play a song directly off a disc using kJams Pro, but that it works in kJams Lite? If so, please try kJams Pro again, as I'm quite sure there was just some misunderstanding.
what do you do to rip?
Drag a song (or disc) to the Library playlist. More info on Ripping.

Sherry

Post by Sherry »

By "did it's thing" I meant it loaded the songs into a list (No titles).According to the info you sent, my settings are correct for rip. I won't have time until Sunday or Monday but I will video exactly what I am doing and send it to you. My apologies for not being able to comunicate the problem. All I know is when you click on a song the audio plays but there are no words just a black screen that appears as soon as you start to play the song.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well, from your description it sounds like you're playing a CD disc, not a CD+G disc.

well, we'll see from the video exactly what's going on (be sure to show me the CD before you stick it in!)

-dave