Can't Find Songs since last update

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Krisko

Can't Find Songs since last update

Post by Krisko »

I got a bunch of weirdness yesterday since the last update.

My mac kept asking me if Kjams could access it's own One Touch Keyring.... I clicked "Always allow" twice, and since haven't gotten the message, but now Kjams says that it can't find any of my songs except for the last 3 that I've purchased from Tricerasoft... ?

Now I guess it's worth mentioning that I ran the "Repair Disk Permissions" utility a few days ago so that I could run a virtual machine... I was looking into that FastTracks VS Songlist Creator (windows only) to write organized song books from a CSV file... but I didn't like how non-mobile friendly it is lol. I think I'm just going to have a program written for me at some point.

Even after I repaired permissions, kjams was working fine until I updated last night.

Now I can probably clear my list and readd all my songs... but is there a reason that it did this? Or is there a quicker fix?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Can't Find Songs since last update

Post by dave »

My mac kept asking me if Kjams could access it's own One Touch Keyring
umm, screen shot of that?
now Kjams says that it can't find any of my songs
follow this procedure and let me know if you get stuck, and exactly where you get stuck
I was looking into ... [creating] organized song books
Why not just use kJams?

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

Hey dave. I didn't get a screenshot of that when it asked me that last night. I just said "Always Allow" a couple of times, and since haven't had the message.

I'll follow that document for the missing songs :) Thanks. I'll post again if I'm successful or not.

I've just been using the Copy/Paste to Excel (OpenOffice) technique for books... is there something new i missed?

I'm trying to eliminate the need for physical books. I've created a simple mobile site that helps singers figure out how to use the slipless system, and has links to books both by artist, and by song title. However the HTML file that I export to (and then edit) in OpenOffice is waaaayyy bigger than I'd like it to be. So I was looking into an organized book system that separates the book into pages alphabetically in Artist and Song Title

There's a company around here that had something like that done for them, but they run a CAV Unit... and will always need books and slips. FastTracks does that.... and very simply too, which I like. But I'm not sold on it just yet. It's not very mobile friendly, and it's a book making system first, and an online solution second... I just want the online solution lol.

It's something I've been toying with

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i recommend printing just a few pages of only the most popular songs for those who really like a physical thing to hold

but for the rest i recommend getting a used gen1 iPad and handing that around, using wtkJams and the Server

alternately get a $100 computer from ebay (with wifi) and stick that in the corner (with saran-wrap over the keyboard for obvious reasons)

and boom! no more need for books ever again.

note: it's normal for kJams to ask for your password after a new release, so it can auto-update to the next release! :D

and yes, copy-paste is the way to go for printing in kJams currently.

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

Ok.. so I looked at the file zip. I know what happened. Thanks dave :)

I've already got that going on Dave. I have a laptop kiosk (to be replaced with an Ipad 1, complete with kiosk stand that my day job makes) and two throw away tablets to hand out for people who's phone isn't smart enough.

This is just for book browsing. For the person who doesn't know what they wanna sing and just look. What I've got works for now... but as I aquire music, that file is gonna get bigger and bigger... If I can separate it into like an online book experience, I'd like to :)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

As a stop-gap measure, you can export as CSV, then use Preview to save as a PDF. You can even edit the PDF in some packages to have chapters by alphanumeric, then just open the PDF in Safari. Done.
(It does get big, though.)
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

The problem I ran into with PDF was optimizing for mobile. I don't have much experience with Adobe, and couldn't get it to look nice on the small screen. Plus android users have to download the file and then open up a seperate PDF viewer. Too much work for someone who's already drunk lol.

I use html export so I can copy/paste some lines of code that make everything neat and tidy with links to my website and the login (a page redirected to whichever local IP I'm using at the time... Currently one, so that easy lol). Anyways... I much prefer keeping everything html, considering that's what I have the most experience with.. Even though it's not much

The Fastracks lets me write in the same code for every page it spits out. Not a perfect solution... And it'll probably be a while before I even buy that program, unless I have one written for me to do the same thing. For now, exporting to HTML looks nice... Just takes a bit to load. :)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Last edited by DeusExMachina on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:?