De LIGHT ful Macs

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
ChurchCat

De LIGHT ful Macs

Post by ChurchCat »

Not a question about kJams but an open question to anyone looking in.

Do any of you dudes use a Mac to control a lighting rig? If so can you recommend software that works?

At the moment all the good stuff seems to be Dark Side only. I don't want to go there but I might just have to.

:? < looks worried.

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

Steve Lynch

Post by Steve Lynch »

you're gonna' have to go pc for lighting... the only mac option is lanbox, and it's not pretty, or cheap. You can run most dmx software in paralells though. ;)

there are several open source lighting packages that are completely free, and every bit as functional as the commercial releases. check out freestyler dmx. it's my favorite. and you can't beat the price $0

you'll need a $50.00 open dmx usb dongle, but that ain't squat compared to light jockey's $1600.00 price tag for the exact same functionality!

holler if you need any dmx guidance.

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Steve Lynch wrote:you're gonna' have to go pc for lighting... the only mac option is lanbox, and it's not pretty, or cheap. You can run most dmx software in paralells though. ;)

there are several open source lighting packages that are completely free, and every bit as functional as the commercial releases. check out freestyler dmx. it's my favorite. and you can't beat the price $0

you'll need a $50.00 open dmx usb dongle, but that ain't squat compared to light jockey's $1600.00 price tag for the exact same functionality!

holler if you need any dmx guidance.
Whoot! Just what I was hoping for. A Mac user who is friendly (aren't we all) who knows about pro lighting.

*does a little dance*

Steve I won't be doing anything computer controlled with my very small lighting rig anytime soon. I don't have a laptop at the moment but the plan is to get one next year. I currently run my lights off of a Ryger and manual switches and faders.

I can't run parallels till I get an Intel Mac anyway.

Great website of yours. Is the Email that you have there the best way to reach you?

ChuffeduptotheskyCat

Steve Lynch

Post by Steve Lynch »

Yes indeed.. that's the easiest way to reach me...

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Steve Lynch wrote:Yes indeed.. that's the easiest way to reach me...
Thanks Steve. I do have the odd lighting question, I will send you an Email shortly.

CC

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)