Regular Singer missing...

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
way2fst4u

Regular Singer missing...

Post by way2fst4u »

Hey Dave! Sorry to bug you again, but I have something weird going on again...A few of my regular singers are now MISSING from the list at particular venues. If I check the folder, the alias or their original folder is physically there, but they are not in the list at the venue. When I re-add them (for instance last night it was "Wendy" that was missing) they show up with a "1" after their name, like the system sees that they are there, but they are unable to log in via WTKJams and I do not see them to add them manually. Any ideas?? Is there a limit on the number of people you can have in a venue list?
Thanks!

Scott

way2fst4u

Re: Regular Singer missing...

Post by way2fst4u »

If I remove the singer, and re-add an alias from another venue, it says the name is taken...
Thanks!

Scott

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

I think I have aliases of aliases causing a problem...it may be my fault...still looking....
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'd have to look at your computer

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

This is actually pretty common. It often seems to result when kJams gets a bit confused after copying singers between venues. If you look, you will find that you have two singers with the same ID. You will also find, I suspect, that one of those singers is missing certain playlists in their folder. Singer and History, I think.
You need to check all aliases and match them against the originals, and delete one.
I think this circumvents kJams built-in protection that brings up a dialogue box saying that you have two singers with the same ID, one will be ignored for now, because it is missing those playlists.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Thanks I'll take a look! I have over 100 singers at each venue so I wasn't sure if that was an issue. Also, many of my singers are at every one. I wish we had a spot where all the singers go, and we just pull from there...
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Until the singer system is re-architected, the current "best procedure" that I use is to pick a single common venue, the one most people have in common, and all singer accounts that are in multiple venues go there. Then copy aliases from there to other venues.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

NEVER *copy* a singer between venues!!!

only EVER make aliases! if you copy, you broke it!

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

I use the script that was provided to make aliases
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Then you should never have a problem with duplicate IDs

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

You wouldn't think so, but here I am... lol
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

It does happen, but so infrequently that I have not been able to reproduce.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

I agree...I can't reproduce it on command either :)
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if REALLY is a duplicate ID error, then this can only happen due to "pilot error". eg: if you make the same alias twice, then the same singer will be loaded twice and you'll see a duplicate ID error. or if you COPY a singer, you're creating a duplicate.

is the problem happening right now? call me today and i'll have a look
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Office_Hours

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Okay, there is a bug. If you have a singer in one venue folder, say Venue 1, and an alias in another, say Venue A, if you are in Venue A and delete that singer, the original Singer folder in Venue 1 is deleted, but the alias folder is left in Venue A, left hanging, pointing at nothing. Needless to say, this can then cause havoc, especially if someone tries to add a singer of the same name to that venue.