YouTube

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
dreben

YouTube

Post by dreben »

Hi Dave,
Is there a chance, Kjams to play YouTube videos, the way VLC plays? The meaning is to copy a link into a URL field.

dave
Site Admin

Re: YouTube

Post by dave »

mmm, no, not designed to do that

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You can always (or usually) just download the video first, then import.

dreben

Post by dreben »

I agree, this is the right way. But very often I serve people from different country and their strange request, I do not plan to save in my Library. Procedure like the one I've described is helpful to me. For example a program called "KaraokeTube", is a good starting point in that direction, saving space in our HDD. Please excuse my English.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no problem. maybe for 2.0, but not right now.

dreben

Post by dreben »

Hi Dave,
Kjams 2 is out and I enjoy it. But still the same question is bothering me, is there any chance to play YouTube video, the way VLC is doing? It will be very helpful.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you D/L the video from YouTube and don't want to add it to your library, you can just use ⌘ ⌥ Y to use QuickLook to display the video fullscreen overtop of the kJams window.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreben

Post by dreben »

Thanks to yor replay. The short key works, but only for the monitor of MBP. No tanks. I can use VLC the same way. The point is not to download anything.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

No, if you drag the preview window to the other monitor, it will from that point on go full screen on the second display.

dreben

Post by dreben »

Well, this is good way for a demo, or somethig else, but I will not do it at the venue. Let say I play a video source this way and have a request for a song from my Kjams library, or just click on desktop, what i s happening on the external monitor? Video resolution i changing and it's no longer fullscreen. The way I suggest is much better and faster. You have to open safari, go to youtube and pick a video source both ways. Then copy the URL, go to VLC, Cmd+N, Cmd+V, and press enter key. You can work on your computer anyting you like, without disturbing the picture on second monitor.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

frankly it's not legal to play youtube videos in a public venue, plus the fact that demand for a feature like this is quite low, so it's not a priority.