Sunfly HD Series

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
way2fst4u

Sunfly HD Series

Post by way2fst4u »

Dave, before I go buying these discs, will we have any issue playing this HD format? I saw another KJ using them and they are so clean...no glitches on any graphics. Really professional looking.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Re: Sunfly HD Series

Post by dave »

if you're on a Mac, and a very high end one at that, then it should be okay to play up to 720p, but to be honest kJams 1.0 was NOT optimized for video (no hardware acceleration). So, you really should go buy one video and play it and see how it works on your system before fully committing.

note that kJams (next version) *will* have hardware accelerated video

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Thanks. I will try it and report back. I use a 2011 MacBook Pro w/i5 Processor & 16GB Ram...
Thanks!

Scott

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

They play just fine...and the key changes work too... :)
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Thanks for the compliment!

:)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

DeusEx was the creator of the Sunfly HD videos, using kJams Producer, by the way.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

I kinda figured. I like them a lot...bought a bunch to test out. :)
Thanks!

Scott

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Although I did get a few complaints on the lyrics for Thrift Shop by Macklemore. :lol:
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

FTR, I have NOTHING to do with any of the tracks post December, 2012, for reasons I shall leave unsaid for now. That includes that Macklemore track.
I spent a great deal of time and effort insuring the quality of my tracks, including precise lyric timing, as well as accuracy (the original texting for MANY of their tracks was ridiculously incorrect.) I often corrected their copious errors by hand. (You want a good laugh? Check out SF's version of "Maniac" by Michael Sembello. The lyrics are so bad, they literally cause you to laugh out loud. I suspect they were transcribed phonetically by a committee of 90 year old deaf Estonian men who speak no English from a broadcast playing on an AM radio sitting in a toilet in the bathroom behind a closed door on the other side of the neighbor's house across the street.) I can not speak to what they are doing now.

I also know some of the original texters, as well as the musicians creating the music. The musicians are top-notch guys, out of Buenos Ares, and so were the original group of texters. But for one reason or another, they too are no longer working with SunFly. Let's just say quality and accuracy take time, and time is money.

That is all.

:)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: