Lyrics Decsync

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
DeusExMachina

Re: Lyrics Decsync

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just reminding you that I mentioned this as well, a while back. There are no steps as far as I can tell. Something happens internally that trips up kJams and breaks sync. I have solved it when it happens by just waiting for an instrumental break, and clicking DIRECTLY on the scrubber, This resyncs.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

hmm, this is the first time i've heard that using the sync-slip does NOT fix the problem however. if anyone can reproduce that i need to see it ASAP.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

4 hour show last night and it did not happen. I had 17 singers.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well if you can reliably reproduce it, then call me during office hours some time after tuesday next week.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Problem is, I can't reproduce it until I'm in the middle of a busy show.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yeah those kinds of bugs are really hard to fix :(

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

When it happens to me, once or twice a night, it happens out of the blue, without any input from me. I have not touched anything. That is why getting steps is hard, since I just look up and notice they are out of sync.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

When it happens to you do you have the same Experience that using song slipping can not fix it?

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Exactly to me as well...it's fine, I happen to look away and the lyrics are a few seconds off...
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Yes. I tried a few times with the slipping commands, and they didn't seem to have an effect. Next time I see it, I'll pay closer attention.
One thing of interest to note: the degree to which the track is out of sync is variable. Sometimes it is so slight I can not be sure initially if it is a sync issue, or just a badly made track. Other times it is so bad the lyrics are almost a page off! As pointed out, this is a relatively new occurrence.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sounds strange. please confirm that you can NOT fix it via song slipping. let me know.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

FTR, it is not "all songs after that" on my end. If you click in the scrubber, it resyncs, and things are fine after that. Also, once a song stops, when the next one is started, I am pretty sure it is in sync, though I could be wrong about that. Definitely clicking the scrubber works to resync, however.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Next time this happens to me, i will try sync slip. Normally, i just hit stop , then play and its fixed.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Hitting "stop" causes you to restart the track at the beginning. Just click the scrubber right at the current point. It will sync in place while it is playing.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

but if you can figure out what happens to cause this problem, i'd be stoked, cuz then i can fix it.