Lyrics Decsync

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
way2fst4u

Lyrics Decsync

Post by way2fst4u »

I'm having a problem that's new since the last upgrade R17? Midway through the night, the lyrics will begin to lag and be way off from the music. If I restart kJams, it runs normally again for several hours.

Specs are as follows:

2011 MacBook Pro
2.3 i5 processor
8GB RAM
1TB WD Studio FW drive.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Re: Lyrics Decsync

Post by dave »

Is this repeatable?

can you cause kjams to get into this state so that I can look at it while it is in this state?

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

I've had it happen 2 nights in a row with very large rotations...Have been trying to duplicate it at home, but it's not doing it here Dave...
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

define "very large". when it happens, does it happen to all songs after that, or just that one song? if you stop the song and start it again, does it still happen? separately: if you rewind said song? have you checked "global slipping" or "song slipping"? if you go back to r16, does the problem go away under the exact same conditions?

this kind of bug, and by that i mean "the kind you can't reproduce", is very very hard to fix. to fix a bug, i really need a way to reliably reproduce it. let me know what you find.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

dave wrote:define "very large". when it happens, does it happen to all songs after that, or just that one song? if you stop the song and start it again, does it still happen? separately: if you rewind said song? have you checked "global slipping" or "song slipping"? if you go back to r16, does the problem go away under the exact same conditions?

this kind of bug, and by that i mean "the kind you can't reproduce", is very very hard to fix. to fix a bug, i really need a way to reliably reproduce it. let me know what you find.
Very Large - 20+ singers...to me any rotation over an hour is large. Friday I had 37 singers. Saturday night it happened to me, in the middle of one of my songs. It was fine, and then just went way off sync.
When it happens, it's ALL SONGS after that. I can stop, restart, nothing changes until i close kJams and re-open it...then it's fine for the rest of the night. I will go back to R16 and try it this weekend. I have not checked global or song slipping...don't even know what they do.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please check Slipping BEFORE you go back to a previous version. that means: run using latest version, wait for the problem to happen, then if it DOES, check your global slipping. you WILL be able to fix the problem using global slipping, but i suspect you perhaps hit global slipping by accident, and just need to set it back to zero.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

But it doesn't do it every night...just random. If I hit "global slipping" wouldn't EVERY song desync?
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes. you said "When it happens, it's ALL SONGS after that", which is consistent with my hypothesis.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

But it happened in the middle of a song I was singing...I'm quite positive no one clicked anything mid-song... :)
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay but part of the experiment is to SEE what is set for both song and global slipping WHEN the problem occurs.

if they're both zero, then, does setting it back (or forward) re-sync the song correctly? that will give me a lot of info to go on.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

ok I will check tomorrow and report back ;)
Thanks!

Scott

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

OK, so problem happened last night again. Slipping was 0. I downgraded to 16 and everything was fine again. I also noticed that the rotation screen I made displayed weird with 18. It had numbers and the spacing was off. Also, when a song ended and the rotation screen came up, there was a border around 2 sides of color from the outtro of the song for a few seconds.

Back to 16 and everything was resolved.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i wanted you to check to see if, when the problem happens and both Song and Global slipping are zero, that if now USING global slipping to compensate would fix it.

the "Rotation" showscreen is fixed in 19 (you may have to trash your "Producer Templates" to get the fix

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Happened again on Sat...none of the slipping options helped...it was WAY far off...about 2-3 seconds!
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay, this i *really* have to see. if you can re-create the problem then call me, i can fix it.