Controlling kJams via an Apple Remote

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
MrFlay

Controlling kJams via an Apple Remote

Post by MrFlay »

I know I'm being daft asking this question, but ...

How do you get kJams to allow you to select a song via an Apple Remote?

Using the Lite version, I can go into full screen mode, pause the song, stop a songs, and move back and forward between songs ... but I can't select any songs from the iTunes-like interface using the remote. Clicking "+" and "-" (which I'd expect to be equivalent to "up" and "down") just turn the volume up and down.

What I'd like to do is stop the current song and select the next one, all via the remote. Is this possible?

Sorry :)

dave
Site Admin

Re: Controlling kJams via an Apple Remote

Post by dave »

nope, there's no "full screen cinematic UI" like FrontRow.

perhaps one day.

MrFlay

Post by MrFlay »

Thanks. Just in case anyone has the same question, I've been able to work around the problem using the excellent Remote Buddy (http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/). It took a bit of fiddling around, but I can now get the kJams main window on screen and selectable using the +/- buttons on the remote. Pressing [Select] then starts/pauses the song, and [MENU] takes me back to the main window.

PM me if anyone's trying to achieve the same thing and I'll send you the Remote Buddy "behaviour" settings I'm using.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

kewl!