Kjams on Ipad

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
garfield2344

Kjams on Ipad

Post by garfield2344 »

Dave,

I don't only use kjams for my karaoke shows, I also use your program when I sing in restaurants. I have limited space in some of the restaurants and was wondering if you are going to make kjams work on the ipad. I like how I can use the program to make my playlists (fast, slow, country etc..) and how I can view the words in case I get a brain fart and forget what I'm singing. I also like how the songs start right away without a long silence. I just love the kjams program and everything about working with it, that's why I would love for you to make it available for ipad.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Kjams on Ipad

Post by dave »

i'd love that too, but i'm just one guy and have negative spare time.

meanwhile, try KaraokeAnywhere.

garfield2344

Post by garfield2344 »

I understand that you are very busy. If I download KaraokeAnywhere do I need to purchase the songs from them or can I import the songs I already have?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

You can import your own songs on KA. Just be careful, the multiplex songs play the vocals, unless it has been updated since i last used it. It is a great program otherwise.

jackjack

Post by jackjack »

You can import your own songs on KA. Just be careful, the multiplex songs play the vocals, unless it has been updated since i last used it. It is a great program otherwise.
That's the best part that it gives provision of importing own songs. Cool now I like it, I was in a mind of 'buying songs' lol.

clempav

Post by clempav »

Hey Dave!

I am resurrecting this post instead of creating a new one; same topic. :)

We (yes it is a collective 'we') are interested in a kJams app, too ... I know by now you are probably just invoking selective listening, but just wanted to put that out there. ;)

When I found this post, I decided to download and try the KaraokeAnywhere app. (I have already tried the app Karaoke Player, and have been successful with loading 25 songs. However, some of them play with lyrics, some do not, some have funky lyrics flowing off the iPad window at top and bottom. That 'speriment has taken me about 5 days to realize either I'm dumb or the app isn't very stable. Crickets with their support.)

My problem is I must be missing something in the translation on how to get my .ktp + mp3 files to work in this app. I know you aren't tied to the developer [I am good at barking up the wrong tree :) ], but could you or anyone reading this lend a hand?

We currently love syncing our songs and lyrics in Tuneprompter, and (without the need to create a video), just drag and drop the .ktp file onto the kJams library. So nice! You were right, produces MUCH better lyric graphics. Very crisp. Thank you!

It's also been an easy step to move toward creating the cdg file within kJams with Producer. I can save the .cdg file directly into the original kJams music folder. (I don't mess around in there otherwise, promise!)

This app asks for mp3 + G files...... but so far, the Producer created cdg then I add an mp3 audio file converted from iTunes, compress the two together as a zip file within the Mac's finder context menu option, upload to the app via iTunes, but so far, no joy :>(

I have written to their support..... (crickets so far) and was just hoping you or someone here that uses the same process (using cdg + mp3 files) could help.... ?

Thanks
clem

P. S. Could we start a kickstarter fund to help you with developing an iPad app? Okay, okay... my last ditch effort! ;) Love ya, Dave!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

to get kJams to produce KaraokeAnywhere-viable zip files, you have to follow this crazy-ass procedure.

if you do that, i think your files converted from KTP to CDG should work just fine?

and yes, if you want to do a kickstarter, you'd have to raise over $100,000 to be frank, that's the minimum amount i'd need to take 4-6 months off my "real job" to produce it.