Weird issue with Numark DJ/IO and iTunes/kJams Crossfader

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
way2fst4u

Re: Weird issue with Numark DJ/IO and iTunes/kJams Crossfade

Post by way2fst4u »

DeusExMachina wrote:FWIW, this definitely sounds like an issue with the Numark driver, not kJams. I would submit a bug report to them.
Numark DJ/IO has no other problems with any other software. I've narrowed it down.
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I don't doubt that at all. But I am pretty sure there is nothing in the script that should affect the sound channel, and if kJams is working fine without it AND works fine with it for a few times, I am fairly confident that it is an issue with the NuMark driver.
I suspect that it is getting confused by the volume changes, and somehow interpreting that as a loss of connection, or in some other way lossing its connection to the kJams stream.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

DeusExMachina wrote:I don't doubt that at all. But I am pretty sure there is nothing in the script that should affect the sound channel, and if kJams is working fine without it AND works fine with it for a few times, I am fairly confident that it is an issue with the NuMark driver.
I suspect that it is getting confused by the volume changes, and somehow interpreting that as a loss of connection, or in some other way lossing its connection to the kJams stream.
That sounds logical...it works fine with it on it's own...in any app.

When I couple it with the iTunes fader script is when I have probs.
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You should contact them with specifics and see if they have any ideas or if they can figure out what the issue is.
Alternately, you can try the manual cross fader script. That might not trigger the same issue?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o