Crazy error after update?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
mikefala

Crazy error after update?

Post by mikefala »

I upgrade [to Mountain Lion] and it seemed fine. Opened up fine and played 1 time ok. When I went to close down the kjams program(Mac Lite r58) It went to saving the data base [and got stuck there] for 18hrs. The next day it [still] showed saving and I force quit kjams. The finder was reporting that kjams was responding I should have checked the activity monitor but I didn't. After restarting the Mac and opening up kjams I got a message "this data was saved with a newer kjams format255 not 1.10" I restarted the Mac from utilities and ran permissions repair and there were a lot of errors which where fixed. Than ran disk repair and it said that my kjams music file was damaged. I ran Disk repair and it said everything was repaired. Re ran Disk repair and got an error message Disk was damaged and could not be repaired because of the number of kjams music files didn't match. Re ran again and Disk repair came back volume is ok. Restarted the Mac opened Kjams and got the format error again (255vs1.10) From my Time Machine back-up I restored Both the kjam "files" music and library and downloaded a new version of lite r57 and everything seems ok now?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Crazy error after update?

Post by dave »

AFAIK this is not related to Mountain Lion at all, as i've been testing on ML with no troubles at all. There was some error condition blocking the database save and it somehow got hosed. I'd have to discover what that error condition was.

do this experiment:
duplicate your "kJams Library" folder (or zip it)
then run again and update to r58
play a song, stop
quit
does the same problem happen?
if so, force quit
downgrade back to r57, delete the "kJams Library" folder, and restore the copy of it you made, and let me know