Converting CAVS files to kjams compatible format

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
trippster

Converting CAVS files to kjams compatible format

Post by trippster »

ive tried to rename the file names from .ncg to .cdg for the video and .mp3 to .pcm for the audio, then placing the renamed files in the library/cache/kjams folder, but alas, i still cannot get kjams to recognize the files! please help. P.S. Hello Dave, its been a while! Christopher Wilford here, i used to help you when you were still in beta w/ ktunes! i used to help give ya pointers and such when you first started.

dave
Site Admin

nope that won't work

Post by dave »

well, an mcg file is NOT a cdg file, so telling it to pretend to be won't do anything for you. same story mp3 to pcm. i do have an mp3 to pcm converter built in, but NOT an mcg to cdg converter. Click here for more info.

dave
Site Admin

not to mention...

Post by dave »

besides that very hacky method you describe surely won't work in any case.

trippster

cavs files to computer friendly files

Post by trippster »

thanks for your fast reply dave, by the way, its ncg not mcg and do you remember me, you left no comment on that!

dave
Site Admin

bummer

Post by dave »

Okay if you really need NCG conversion, here is your only option. Yes i do remember "the trippster" :)

update: This is a possible solution too: CDGFix

trippster

cavs to cdg conversion

Post by trippster »

Hey nice to hear from ya trippster, long time no hear from buddy, how ya been? thanks for all your input! kjams is such an awesome product now that you and everybody else that helped give input on ktunes has contributed to me banking over a $100 per subscription on my new karaoke software! sorry, i have no time for ya now, im big time.......

dave
Site Admin

what? who? huh?

Post by dave »

Umm, do you have a split personality? You seem to be replying to yourself. What's this "$100 per subscription on my new karaoke software" thing mean?

trippster

Post by trippster »

Dave!? chill brother, I was just throwing some humor your way. I was mearly trying to speak on your behalf using sarcasm. I was also making a point that your lack of acknowlegment toward my contributions in the past was to say the least insulting and lastly, the "more than $100" i mentioned was pertaining to your cost for the program. Now understand it is not as funny when having to break it down for ya, forgive me, my intellectual self or should i say my "dark side" lol gets carried away at times. No worries dave, i'm not crazy, and i wont hunt you down lol. But thank you anyway for trying to help me with my conversion problem, ps, would you happen to know how i could get a serial number? lol

dave
Site Admin

oh, um, i see, i think...

Post by dave »

oh, well, okay, if you say so. heh. :oops:

Well you should know i'm slightly autistic, so i don't "get" humor or sarcasm very well at all sometimes (strangely sometimes I do) when it comes from other folks. If you're making a joke, best to put it in brackets <joke>like this, this is funny</joke>, cuz i will get that. :)

rest assured I *highly* value every single report and suggestion you and everyone here has made, I am humbly aware that kJams would not be what it is today without the ideas and feedback I've gotten from everyone.

Is your serial number no longer working?

trippster

Post by trippster »

Actually i never got one, a couple of years ago when me and you where bouncing ideas off one another while in the beta stage of ktunes, you mentioned once it was " perfected " you would shoot me a full version of Kjams Pro, of course at the time it was'nt called that because ktunes evolved. However i have played with the demo and i love it, i still have a few pointers for ya if your still taking them.... however i would like to play more with the Full Pro version. P.S. dave i would have never known you are autistic, i have all the more respect for you. sincerly, christopher

trippster

Did ya get my last email / post?

Post by trippster »

Hey Dave, just waiting for your response........christopher

dave
Site Admin

yep

Post by dave »

i've been traveling the past 2 days (and sleeping). then i had to push out that release, which is done now.

Not to contradict you, but as I recall our conversation went something like this:
(November 2004) It will be a month before i have fixed the performance problems.
and you say it shall be a month, so i will wait till then, if you can send me an alert when you have completed your updates, i will be makeing my purchase imediately!!
I'd love to give kJams away to everyone, but then I could never retire and work on it full time. However, if you claim you are utterly poor and can't afford it but you *neeeeeed* karaoke in order to feel alive, then we can work something out. But I *am* trying to retire from my "real" job here, so i can basically work for *you* full time, and I'll need your support :)

trippster

Post by trippster »

Who needs a memory if you've got email storage for over 3 years!!! lol :lol: Well i'll admit, i am poor, and if you feel that all my input was useful enough to warrant a " friendly " discount , than it would greatly be appreciated, keep in mind that your wonderful program is only useful to me for my cd collection, i still have a massive cavs selection i want to use with KJams. Anyway, let me know, thanks a mil, your bud, christopher

El Ramos

Re: bummer

Post by El Ramos »

dave wrote:Okay if you really need MCG conversion, here is your only option.

update: This is a possible solution too: CDGFix
I have found a freely downloadable .MCG -> .CDG conversion utility hidden in the CAVS website: DecoderMIN.

It appears to convert only one file at a time, but I have verified that it works.

I'm happy to finally find an affordable path from CAVS to kJams...but not so happy at the prospect of clicking thousands of .MCG files one at a time. :?

ChurchCat

Re: bummer

Post by ChurchCat »

El Ramos wrote: I'm happy to finally find an affordable path from CAVS to kJams...but not so happy at the prospect of clicking thousands of .MCG files one at a time. :?
Maybe an Apple script to automate the process could be possible?

CC

p.s. I must get around to learning how to do that one day.

:?
Every forum needs it's own cat.