Serial Number

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Brendan

Serial Number

Post by Brendan »

I Just bought a new macbook. How do i add the serial number to the new macbook kjams app so i can run the app on all three of my macs? Here is what i did.

1. Download kjams pro on new macbook.
2. email kjams pro serial number.xml file to new macbook.
3. open kjams pro on new computer, click on help/ enter serial number.
4. open serial number xml file/ highlight serial number/ control copy
5. paste serial number in serial number window. serial number will not paste in window.

I tried to also place the xml file in the same location as the other computer but there is no kjams folder in the preference folder in that location.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Serial Number

Post by dave »

you can only use one serial number on two computers. if you need another computer activated, then you have to buy another license.
and note: the two that ARE allowed are for computers that YOU alone use, not you and your kids, or you and your wife etc.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Ahh, okay, i thought i could have it on all three computers. Can i transfer the license from my imac to my new laptop? I have no kids and my wife HATES karaoke :(

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, of course.

i've reset your 2 activations. now, the next 2 computers you run on will activate.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Dave, i think i may have opened Kjams on my computer(not the one i want it on) before i read your email because i am still unable to paste the serial number on my new macbook. Can you reset my activations one more time? - Thank you

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

in the future please send me a regular email for an activation reset request, the forums is not the place for that.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thank you!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D