wtkJams now available on the App Store

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
djunod

wtkJams now available on the App Store

Post by djunod »

Image wtkJams

wtkJams can be used to connect to any Karaoke venue that uses the kJams software. You can use wtkJams to search for songs by Artist or Title, add yourself to the rotation, maintain a list of your favorite songs, and view your song history, all from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Brought to you by http://www.WheresTheKaraoke.com

Link to wtkJams on the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wtkjams/id494844875

Thanks for checking it out!

dave
Site Admin

Re: wtkJams now available on the App Store

Post by dave »

8)

i can see it now, a new expression, "What the kJams?!?!"

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

This sounds cool. Has anyone been using this app? How does it work?- Brendan

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I've used it and it's awesome!

djunod

Post by djunod »

The people that have been beta testing it say they love it, that it is faster and prettier then iJams. It is version 1.0.0 that is currently available on the App Store. I uploaded version 1.0.1 on Saturday which is what most of the beta testers have been using for more then a week now. It fixes at least two crashes that are in version 1.0.0.

Apple was pretty quick to review version 1.0.0, so hopefully version 1.0.1 is up equally quickly.

To begin with it was just looking for feature parity with iJams, plus take care of a couple of things that were annoying to me in iJams. Going forward there are a lot of different features planned. All dependent on the response of the community at large.

Thanks!

djunod

Post by djunod »

Version 1.0.1 is now available on the App Store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wtkjams/id494844875

djunod

Post by djunod »

Brendan, be sure to download the update. Thanks for your purchase!!!

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

Oh dear! I've just tried v1.01 of here's my 2¢ worth.

First of all, thanks for releasing a new search app for kJams. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

Niceties:
It's nice to have the artist under the song name in the singers' various lists. Last sung date in the history is a nice touch too. Having to *always* authenticate when accessing a singers account will drive some people batty, but I'm ok with that. Singer's date of their last visit is nice too.

Not so Nice:
There has got to be confirmation of deleting a song from the Favorites! Clicking the Gold Star delete's the song without warning -- yikes! That's pretty close to a 'I want my $2 back' comment! Yes, this is described in the Info screen, but most of the patron's we deal with won't know until they notice their Fave's list is not right.
Info screen needs clarification on How to Search. The information under Tonight & Favorites is fine, but doesn't relate to a user who is looking at a Search results screen.
Search results screen: Touching the Gold star deletes this song from your Favorites list. Nice shortcut but is dangerous for a newcomer.
Some users will have problems with the text size but would be nice to see an option like that in Settings. In fact, what do the options do in Settings?

Keep up the good work but I'll have to keep this app hidden from our customers fingers until the above interface issues are addressed.

kind regards,
Mark & Anita
---
Host: Would you like to sing a song?
Customer: Oi! There's not enough liquor in this pub for that!
Host: Hmm. You or Us?

djunod

Post by djunod »

Thanks for taking the time to write a response :-)

Do you provide iPad's to your clients?

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

I bring an iPad 2 and iPod Touch 1st Gen and they circulate about the venue. Some venues have younger singers and who have iPhones or an Android device of some sort, so they manage their own accounts. Other venues still use our books (which are produced with Karaoke Book Deluxe - not a bad program but with an interface & help files that are pretty messed up!) but will use the iPad or Touch to get in rotation. I keep an eye on the devices while the better half runs the show. It works well but I'd be nervous with just one operator.

cheers,
Mark & Anita
Anita Entertainer
---
Host: Would you like to sing a song?
Customer: Oi! There's not enough liquor in this pub for that!
Host: Hmm. You or Us?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I tried to use this app tonite but its crahing on me. App opens up okay and i am able to select the venue and see the singers, when i select my name, it crashes. Any updates to this app? - Thanks

I just checked the app store and i do have the current version of kjams and wtkjams.

TezinOz

Post by TezinOz »

Brendan wrote:I tried to use this app tonite but its crahing on me. App opens up okay and i am able to select the venue and see the singers, when i select my name, it crashes. Any updates to this app? - Thanks

I just checked the app store and i do have the current version of kjams and wtkjams.

Same with me. Connects with KJams Server, but then crashes at Singer log in. I have the latest update and the latest KJAMS . Strange that it's worked for some.?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

for the latest news and updates, go here

note: known bug, already fixed, app store in review now.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Got it- Thank you!

djunod

Post by djunod »

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wtkjams/id494844875

wtkJams 1.0.2 is now available on the Apple App Store.

This version fixes a crash on iOS 5.1.

It also adds the ability to change the background to a gradient color, in case you found the default background dots confusing.

Thanks everybody that is using it!

Next release will be a bigger change. There will be two products, one will be for personal use and the other for KJ's that pass around iOS devices for customer use. If you want to be a part of the KJ UI Beta Test group, then send me a message and I'll add you to the TestFlight group.